Kaiasm works with clients across consumer retail sectors, trade & industrial supplies , governmental and public sector, financial services & private equity. We do this directly, and through partnering with consultancies.
- Homebase. Extensive project across our full product and service range as part of the Homebase turnaround.
“Kaiasm's intelligence provides the clarity to make smarter decisions, showing us what to do, in a visual way that everyone across functions and of varying levels of data literacy can interpret.”
Dave Elliott, Commercial & Marketing Director, Homebase (2020)
- Bathstore. Working on the post-acquisition integration of Bathstore into the Homebase offering. Post-deal technology strategy and technology services, and deep market insight.
- The Cotswold Company. Technology consultancy on web page speed measurement and improvement.
- ao.com. Pre-IPO technology services to repair a problematic platform and domain change. Product innovation insight consultancy.
- Sofa.com. Targeted market insight and alignment work into the sofas subsector.
- Victoria Plum. Market insight and alignment tools for the Bathrooms market.
“The concepts are simple, and the insights are commercially valuable and ground-breaking.”
Paul McClenaghan, CEO, VictoriaPlum.com (2017)
- River Island. Market insight and technology support. Fixed their accidental top ranking for 'nude boys' in Google (pesky 'nude' colour facet).
- Arcadia. Multi-day strategic and tactical training for the ecommerce teams of every part of the group (Topshop, Topman, Dorothy Perkins etc.)
- Spreadshirt. Taxonomy of anything people want to put on a T-Shirt. A taxonomy of everything people think is great, and a fascinating insight into what people like to label themselves with. We also learned a lot about hip hop.
- Clarks. Extensive technology support work on the Clarks rebuild and replatforming project.
- Next. Sector-specific market insight and alignment tools.
- Lacoste. Brand Insight.
- Jimmy Choo. Brand Insight.
- The North Face. Market Insight.
- Vans. Market Insight.
- Boots. Market insight for the Beauty category.
- L'Oreal. A deep dive into the consumer demand for mascara.
- Lovehoney. Our favourite, local, e-commerce titan. An unusual market insight taxonomy. The moment we learned, slightly to our relief, how vanilla most people's tastes are.
- Hotels.com. A multi year contract helping establish technical best practice for online search performance. Including an interim directorship.
- Expedia. Training and technology support across the European businesses of Expedia.
- Iglu Cruises. Market Insight.
- Goldsmiths. Market Insight.
- Astley Clarke. Market insight.
- Optometry: Vision Direct. Market Taxonomy of Contact Lens demand. They loved it so much a full size wall poster was commissioned to remind everyone in the office, on a daily basis, of the insight gained.
- Wines & Spirits: Fine + Rare Wines. Never has so much been known by so few about Bordeaux wines.
- Automotive: Castrol. A partnership with IBM iX to understand consumer demand and taxonomy for oils and lubricants. Informed the information architecture of the Castrol website and range categories.
Trade & Industrial Supplies
- Howdens Kitchens & Joinery. Multi-year strategic and technology engagement across the full range of our insight, tools and services.
- Screwfix. Multi-year strategic and technology engagement throughout Screwfix's rise to ecommerce prominence. Read the Screwfix case study
“[Kaiasm] helped change the way we see our marketplace and how we understand our customers. It shows us what people want, in pictures. It's brilliant and surprising. We buy and merchandise differently as a result.”
Andrew Livingston, CEO, Screwfix (2016)
- Toolstation. Extensive technology project to build the readiness for large-scale, massive alignment to market demand.
- BiGDUG. Market Insight and Tools for BiGDUG's core category of racking & shelving. Happy customer:
“Kaiasm hasn't just improved the online experience that we asked them to help us with, it has also improved our performance and decision-making across all channels. Their work has given us fantastically insightful data, and a toolkit that we can use every day. Their work galvanised our entire organisation at every level into a more customer-centric mindset.”
Emma Bateman, Managing Director, BiGDUG (2018)
- RS Components. A multi-year strategic engagement that has produced a complete set of market insight across all of the trading categories that RS operates in. This is being used to re-engineer the website information architecture to support sales of their 500,000 products. Additional projects are informing product ranging and product data. Read how RS Components win Taxonomy Success of the Year.
“Data has quite simply become an imperative enabler across every retail function, and is fast becoming a powerful competitive advantage. In this modern world, traditional operations are being replaced by Kaiasm's intelligence.”
Alex Von Schirmeister, CTO/CIO, RS Components (2018)
- NHS. A full map of expressed need for health and social care services for the NHS, one of the most rewarding projects Kaiasm has completed. Informing the mammoth task of creating a needs-driven, citizen-centric way of finding information and help via NHS.uk.
“Kaiasm visualisations show us at high level the strategic content areas we needed to develop, the top five things that people out there in society cared about, worried about. At a tactical level, it tells us exactly how to improve the content.”
Sophie Dennis, NHS Digital's Transition Strategy Lead (2018)
- Open University. A complete Market Insight analysis of all educational demand across the English speaking world for the UK's largest academic and research institution.
- FutureLearn. Market Insight to optimise course creation and website content for business & management and health & psychology higher education demand, for the Open University's spinoff online learning platform
- IMD. Market Insight into English-language demand across Europe for business school education for "the world's leading Executive Education business school" (FT, 2020).
- MOD. Visualising all project, programme and portfolio spending data throughout the MOD. We can't tell you any more about this.
- Office of National Statistics / Department of Transport. A DOS-3 project to understand and visualise questions following on from the national transport survey. Led to first use of interactive charts on ONS website to improve self-service opportunities for information and reduce demand on ONS bespoke services. This is now standard practice for ONS charting.
- Ordnance Survey. Market Insight.
- Channel 4: 4Homes, 4Beauty, 4Food. Market Insight.
- BBC Science & Nature. A focus on 'unanswered questions' online. It gave Brian Cox his first science show, removed Delia from BBC Food's pancakes recipe, and led accidentally to the creation of Strictly Come Dancing. Read more.
“There is a direct line between what you started and the change of culture to data and what people want. It destroyed the snobbishness about data, and made it clear that it wasn’t something technical, or robotic. It was about people, and their needs and desires.”
Duncan Bloor, Producer, BBC (2019)
Financial services, Private Equity
- Lloyds Banking Group (Lloyds & Halifax). Market insight for retail banking.
- EY. Specialist technology services and market insight. Projects include understanding the tax services and the general consultancy market space competition in Poland.
- Bought By Many. Kaiasm provided a deep understanding of unsupported insurance need in the UK.
- ProSight Speciality Underwriters. Insight to support affinity marketing for broadcast insurance services.
- TPG. Insight on demand for end products as a proxy for the reliability of corporate valuations of manufacturing companies.
Partners & Partner Services
Kaiasm Partner Services:
Work alongside us to build the new normal
Current partners include:
- IBM ix. Kaiasm have worked for Big Blue on taxonomy and technology work for Castrol, including a detailed taxonomy of demand for oils and lubricants.
- Deloitte Digital. Kaiasm supplied specialist technology consultancy for the Aldi website build and launch.
- Phine. Kaiasm is a part of the Phine consortium. Through them we have provided data and knowledge visualisation services to the Ministry of Defence, including work with Cyber Command.
- Valtech. We have had many contacts with Valtech, who recommended us to the NHS, for which we are often grateful.
- Sopra Steria. A European leader in consulting, digital services and software development. Superb at implementation, integration and change management, Kaiasm and Sopra have recently turned a long term relationship into a formal partnership.
- Flourish. Wonderful, fast-to-produce data visualisations and data storytelling. Sometimes you just want a robust yet beautiful line graph. This is the place to get one.
Kaiasm's insight and methodology has been applied across sectors and market segments, directly to retailers and service providers or through consultancy partners.
We are a compelling door opener and a force multiplier.
Kaiasm provides the knowledge:
- Technical support documentation such as functional specifications and technical notes,
- Process documentation and support,
- Training and mentoring of business analysts and data scientists within the partner’s team.
- Marketing and sales support - providing required collateral
- Prospecting support - using our data and market leaderboard methodology to identify sales prospects who would be able to reap greatest rewards.
Our partners deliver the business transformation, integration and the implementation of Kaiasm market demand, technology and process knowledge to generate long term incremental bottom line value.
- Change consultancy and process support
- Product information management, sales order processing, supply side and sell side logistics
- Devops and IT infrastructure support and consultancy
- Marketing, sales and contract management
It's not just the big implementers that we partner with. We love working with specialists in data visualisation, investment consultancy, innovation consultancy and more. If you would like to know more about working with us, or about our capabilities and capacity, please get in touch.