As a Junior Ontologist you will help us to structure and organise worlds of information in such a way which makes seeing the bigger picture and decision making much more clear for our clients. You will explore their data, building beautiful visualisations of their information so it can be used to better effect.
You will use our bespoke systems and need to be comfortable using Google sheets and Google docs or Excel.
We have developed custom processes and tools in house, and full training will be provided.
- Are methodical, conscientious, organised, tidy, accurate and slightly pedantic
- Have a keen interest in words and a good understanding of the English language; any other language skills are a bonus!
- Want to work with an exciting and innovative firm; and recognise that comes with opportunities and challenges
- Are open to new ideas, are curious, and are not frightened of change
- Can work independently and as part of a small team
- Can work to a deadline and do detail well
- Have the confidence to say you don't know, when you don't
- Are looking for a relaxed but focused way of working
- Have a sense of humour
- Are very happy to chip in to help the team in whatever way makes sense - including taking your turn on the coffee rota making drinks for the whole team for our communal break at 11am every morning
- Are interested in an opportunity to find interesting work that suits your experience while fitting around your other commitments or life choices. Kaiasm prides itself on its flexibility
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying key entities, in conjunction with the team and the client
- Identifying relationships between the things people need to know about
- Delivering outputs that are accurate and meet project requirements within the committed timescales
- Adhering to information security policies, ensuring strict control of client information and data such that it is used as required but no further
- Answering the phone where required, generally mucking in and taking your turn making tea and coffee
- Performing other reasonable duties as may be required by management from time-to-time
- 16 - 22.5 hours per week, e.g. school-hours variations available
- Hourly salary £11.46 (equivalent to £22,408 p.a. for a 37.5 hour week)
- Working over four days (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the office) after completion of training. Equipment provided.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d like to join us to firstname.lastname@example.org