You will be supporting the client services team providing secretarial and administrative support. You will be required to arrange and book travel, accommodation, expenses, assist with coordination of events, managing internal and external meetings, prepare agendas, record and chase internal actions, and liaise with the Office Manager to ensure a smooth running of the office. You will manage busy diaries and inboxes in fast a paced environment.
- Have previous PA experience.
- Are reliable, organised, conscientious and confident.
- Want to do better work that makes a real, measurable difference.
- Want to work with an exciting and growing firm; and recognise that comes with opportunities and challenges.
- You have the confidence to say you don't know, when you don't.
- You are open to new ideas, to new people and to a relaxed but focused way of working.
- You are very happy to chip in to help the team in whatever way makes sense - including taking your turn on the coffee duty rota, making drinks for the whole team, for our communal break at 11am every morning.
- If you are interested in the part time opportunity, then you are very keen to find interesting work that suits your experience, and fits around your other commitments or life choices. Kaiasm prides itself on its flexibility, particularly for people returning to work but who have school-age children.
Position In The Organisation
- Responsible to: Head of Client Services, also support other heads of function.
- Direct reports: None
- Works in conjunction with: client services team, office manager, production manager, consultancy staff, developers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Following up on the actions of both internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that tasks progress as planned.
- Arranging, compiling agendas for, and minuting regular internal and client-facing update meetings.
- Being a key point of liaison between internal and external staff, being available to handle external questions and concerns (and providing quality responses in a timely, professional manner)
- Ensuring strict control of client information and data such that it is utilised as required for a project but not accidentally shared across projects
- Drafting and contributing to both internal and client-facing project documents
- Travelling to client sites if required for meetings (rarely required)
- Performing other reasonable duties as may be required by management from time-to-time
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to use online calendars, spreadsheets and documents (Either Google Calendar and Drive and/or MS Office preferred)
- Able to multitask and handle multiple tasks across multiple people at the same time
- Capable of dealing directly and professionally with with client prospects and client main points of contact
- Able to manage moving deadlines and maintain a flexible mindset despite conflicting pressures from multiple stakeholders
- Handle written and verbal client communication professionally at all times, including when projects are under significant pressure to meet outcomes
- Experience in technical project administration or in ecommerce operations would be beneficial
- Permanent position
- Full time (up to 40 hours per week, though we'd encourage 37.5 as more sensible), near-full time, part time (from 22.5 hours per week), term-time and school-hours variations all available. Ideally you would be available for at least a part of most working days.
- Rate £9.57 per hour (£19,905.60 pro rata gross annual if you work a 40 hour week)
- You will be working from our office in Whatley, near Frome
If so, please send your Curriculum Vitae and covering letter by 10am on 9th December (or sooner) to Rosemary Mackenzie by email on email@example.com or ring us on 0330 223 1164 for more information.
Kaiasm. Pronounced Kai (as in kayak), -asm (as in enthusi-asm). It's a convenient misspelling of the Greek word Chiasm, a reversal of word order to get at a memorable deeper meaning. For example, 'ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'. Ours is 'Stop making people want things. Start making things people want'. A simple idea which turns out to be revolutionary.
We are a team of around 25 people.
We are not in London. We have a lovely office in the countryside near Frome.
Has a family feel about the company.
Fleur, search Analyst at Kaiasm
The whole team who work here are genuinely passionate about explaining "stuff" to help businesses understand their customer wants and so make a positive difference to how they interact with each other. I really like the people I work with and for. I consider myself lucky to be part of this team and to have found the company at a very exciting time in its lifecycle and the potential for the future is almost boundless. What we do is unique and utter common sense, but done in such a clever manner that businesses need to take notice as we can absolutely provide an answer tailored to them, in a box, with a ribbon on top if they would like.
I hope you get the idea, I enjoy working here... a lot.
Sam, Search Analyst
A great company to work for because of the people and the environment. Working alongside like minded people in beautiful surroundings makes coming to work much easier. Being able to take a lunchtime walk around the grounds and having a coffee break all together helps to maintain good work relationships.
I have a level of autonomy that I enjoy without so much stress that I worry about work at home. I feel valued and rewarded for a job well done.
Juliet, Office Administrator at Kaiasm